Jeroen specialises in psychological therapies for people on the Autism Spectrum. The focus of treatment is life skills and strategies for managing day to day situations. Jeroen likes to include family in the therapeutic process. Partners, family and or close friends are encouraged to attend at least the first session.
Bookings are handled by Jeroen’s Administrative assistant Julia.
Julia works part time as Jeroen’s Administrative assistant. She has a Bachelor of Nursing, Graduate Certificate in Human Services and is studying a Graduate Diploma of Psychology.
- Consultations are generally available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. 8am-4pm.
- Consultations run for 60 minutes
- Initial consultations run for 90 minutes
- Consultation fees are $220.00 (60 minutes).
- Initial Consultation fees: $250.00 (up to 90 minutes, including pre-reading).
- Group consultations are $55.00 per hour (no medicare rebate is available for Telehealth group sessions).
- Consultations on behalf of any agency are charged at the Australian Psychological Society recommended rate of $260.00 per hour.
- Payment is due at the time of each session unless other arrangements have been negotiated.
- EFTPOS facilities are available, cheques or cash are accepted.
- Telehealth sessions will receive an invoice via email. Payment can be made via bank transfer or Medipass.
- Cancellation or rescheduling requires 48 hour notice.
- Non-attendance and late cancellations may incur full charges.
- Medicare explained – please read more.
- Most Health Funds provide benefits for Psychological Consultations. Please enquire with your health fund.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and Julia will reply to arrange an appointment.
Please briefly describe:
- Name of prospective client
- Age of prospective client
- What you're looking for
- Who you have been referred by (optional)
You do NOT need a referral to see a Psychologist.
However, with an appropriate referral you may be able to claim a Medicare rebate under the Better Access Initiative. The Better Access Initiative allows for 10 (6+4) sessions. Another 10 COVID sessions were made available by the government in 2020.
In order for Medicare to process your claim the referral letter must have the following:
- Patient’s name, address, date of birth
- Mental health diagnosis - for example anxiety, depression.
- Addressed to a named Psychologist or ‘The Psychologist’
- GP referrals only: Make mention of or include a Mental Health Care Plan.
- Number of appointments requested.
Jeroen’s preference is Telehealth consultations. The benefit of telehealth is that you can talk to Jeroen from the comfort of your own home without the need for a facemask.
COVIDSafe face to face sessionsFace to face sessions are only available on a limited basis. A mask must be worn at all times. Hand sanitiser is available upon arrival and social distancing is to be observed. The address is:
284 Peats Ferry Road
Hornsby, NSW 2077
- Train: it is an easy 3 minute walk from the train station
- Parking: Limited street parking is available. We recommend parking in the council car park accessible from Dural and William Streets.
Access is via the doorway to the right of the Brewhaha Cafe. Follow the stairs, at the top immediately on your left is Jeroen’s clinic.
Please note the clinic is at the top of a long staircase. We apologise that the clinic is not more accessible. If access is an issue Telehealth appointments are available.
Suite 2, 284 Peats Ferry Road
Hornsby, NSW 2077
(02) 8911 1164
(02) 6515 2970